Berend Lehmann Museum | Jewish History and Culture - Sponsored by the Moses Mendelssohn Academy
The museum is named after the court Jew Berend Lehmann (1661, Essen – 1730, Halberstadt). Today he is considered one of the most important court Jews of his time.
The Berend Lehmann Museum’s permanent exhibition,“Kosher, Klaus & Copper,” presents the history of the Jews in Halberstadt. The objects in the exhibition are for the most part donations from Halberstadt families. Therefore, the focus is on family biographies and the history(s) of the objects.
Subscribe to newsletter
Stay informed and look forward to
Event information, invitations, advance info and much more.
Get involved in the museum
A circle of friends for the promotion of the collection of the Moses Mendelssohn Academy Foundation is being established.
The purpose of the Circle of Friends will be to expand the above collection, to ensure its maintenance and to promote an appropriate presentation.